Fort Washington Safety Protocols
Pets are family and we know how important it is for them to receive the necessary care when they need it. Fort Washington Veterinary Hospital is committed to serving all pets in our community while keeping the safety of our staff and clients a priority.
Beginning February 14th, we will invite ONE person to accompany their pets into the exam room for appointments.
- To limit exposure between people, we ask you to continue to wait in your car and call 215-646-5225 or text 215-631-8405 to check-in when you arrive.
- We will let you know when we are ready to see your pet so you can be escorted directly into an exam room.
- We will not be having anyone wait in our waiting room due to its very small size.
- Our staff will continue to wear a mask for everyone's protection, and we ask you to continue to bring and wear a mask or face covering for curbside services and when entering the building. If you do not have one with you, we will provide one for you.
- When entering the building for your pet's appointment you will go straight into the exam room where we will ask you to take a seat.
- During the exam, one of our staff members will hold your pet. Please stay seated to ensure proper social distancing.
- Our exam rooms are small, and it will be difficult to ensure the safety of you and our team members if you do not remain seated.
- After your pet’s exam is finished, we will direct you to the front desk to take care of the charges for the visit. Please remember that payment is expected at the time of services, be prepared to pay for these services immediately following your appointment.
- All pet prescription and surgical pick-up and drop-off will continue to be handled curbside during our regular operating hours. Please text us when you arrive as you have been doing currently. This will help ensure that the traffic in our very small waiting room will not become overwhelming.
- Curbside appointments will still be accommodated upon request if you are uncomfortable accompanying your pet inside.
As always, the health and safety of our clients and our team is a top priority. Until we are able to fully return to normal operations, we also ask that you continue to follow all of our recommended safety guidelines.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions at 215-646-5225.
Many of our staff members have been employed at our hospital for over 12 years! We work extremely well as a team.
Almost 50 years of compassionate and excellent patient care!
We deliver client (& non-client) donations to local pets in need, as well as participate in fundraisers and local events.
Enjoy a casual conversation with other clients in our waiting area. You are also welcome to wait for appointments outside or in your car.
“I cannot put into words how exceptional the staff was with us, and how well they treated our beloved pet.”- Anonymous
“Dr. S. was so thorough and took the time to explain everything in detail regarding my cat's health.”- Courtina C.
“Excellent front office staff and believe me, that’s as important as an excellent vet.”- Clark N.