Fort Washington Safety Protocols
Pets are family and we know how important it is for them to receive the necessary care when they need it. Fort Washington Veterinary Hospital is committed to serving all pets in our community while keeping the safety of our staff and clients a priority.
- Due to the very small size of our waiting room, we ask you to continue to wait in your car and call 215-646-5225 or text 215-631-8405 to check-in when you arrive.
- We will let you know when we are ready to see your pet so you can be escorted directly into an exam room.
- Due to personal medical concerns a few of our doctors are continuing to wear a mask, please continue to bring a mask or face covering, we will inform you if a mask is required during your appointment. If you do not have one with you, we will provide one for you.
- When entering the building for your pet's appointment you will go straight into the exam room where we will ask you to take a seat.
- During the exam, one of our staff members will hold your pet.
- It is difficult to ensure the safety of you, your pet and our team members if you do not remain seated.
- After your pet’s exam is finished, we will direct you to the front desk to take care of the charges for the visit. Please remember that payment is expected at the time of services, be prepared to pay for these services immediately following your appointment.
- If picking up prescriptions or food you may enter the building when you arrive, you do not need to text first.
- All surgical pick-ups and drop-offs will continue to be handled curbside during our regular operating hours. Please text us when you arrive as you have been doing currently. This will help ensure that the traffic in our very small waiting room will not become overwhelming.
- Curbside appointments will still be accommodated upon request if you are uncomfortable accompanying your pet inside.
As always, the health and safety of our clients and our team is a top priority. Until we are able to fully return to normal operations, we also ask that you continue to follow all of our recommended safety guidelines.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions at 215-646-5225.
Enjoy a casual conversation with other clients in our waiting area. You are also welcome to wait for appointments outside or in your car.
We deliver client (& non-client) donations to local pets in need, as well as participate in fundraisers and local events.
Almost 50 years of compassionate and excellent patient care!
Many of our staff members have been employed at our hospital for over 12 years! We work extremely well as a team.
“I cannot put into words how exceptional the staff was with us, and how well they treated our beloved pet.”- Anonymous
“Dr. S. was so thorough and took the time to explain everything in detail regarding my cat's health.”- Courtina C.
“Excellent front office staff and believe me, that’s as important as an excellent vet.”- Clark N.