Pet Health Certificates Commitment and Care from Short to Long Hair

Since 1972 we have been helping furry family members thrive!

Pet Health Certificates in Fort Washington

Traveling Domestically or Internationally with Your Pet

It is hard to leave your pet at home when you go on vacation, so many people choose to bring their pets along with them. Whether you’re traveling domestically or internationally, or you’re relocating due to the military or a business venture, chances are you will be required to submit your pet’s health certificate. At Fort Washington Veterinary Hospital, our veterinarians are USDA accredited and can assist you with the necessary steps to obtain one.

For more information, give us a call at (215) 458-5845 or contact us online.

What a Pet Certificate Includes

Also known as a certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI), a pet certificate is an official document which verifies that your pet is free of any diseases and up to date on all required vaccinations.

It also includes identifying information, such as:

  • Your pet’s age

  • Their breed

  • Their Microchip ID number

One of our veterinarians will perform a thorough exam before administering a pet certificate.

Important Information About Pet Certificate Requirements

Depending on your method of travel and your destination, there might be varying requirements and documents you need to submit. Additionally, each airline or location will have their own deadlines for how far in advance they need to receive these necessary items. Because you might need to make multiple trips to the vet to meet all the requirements, especially if you’re traveling internationally, it is important that you give yourself enough time and plan ahead.

Another requirement of international travel is that your health certificate must be signed by the state veterinarian located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, you cannot do this very far in advance of your trip because all of the necessary forms must be filled out no more than 10 days from the departure date. For more information, please visit the USDA website for a comprehensive list of requirements.

Having a pet certificate does not guarantee you will be able to take your furry friend with you. It’s important that you research and read up on your specific airline or travel destination’s rules and regulations so that you fully understand what is permitted and what is not.

To schedule an appointment to receive a pet certificate in Fort Washington, call (215) 458-5845 today.

We Value You,
Because We have Values!

  • Family Friendly

    Enjoy a casual conversation with other clients in our waiting area. You are also welcome to wait for appointments outside or in your car.

  • Community Focus

    We deliver client (& non-client) donations to local pets in need, as well as participate in fundraisers and local events.

  • Experience

    Almost 50 years of compassionate and excellent patient care!

  • Longevity

    Many of our staff members have been employed at our hospital for over 12 years! We work extremely well as a team.

Does Your Pet Need Attention?

Hear About Our Furry Friends

Clients Share Their Experiences
  • “I cannot put into words how exceptional the staff was with us, and how well they treated our beloved pet.”

    - Anonymous
  • “Dr. S. was so thorough and took the time to explain everything in detail regarding my cat's health.”

    - Courtina C.
  • “Excellent front office staff and believe me, that’s as important as an excellent vet.”

    - Clark N.